Infectious Begomovirus ClonesTechnology #ua03-074
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
Technology: Infectious viral clones in the form of plasmid vectors are used in experimental inoculation of plants to identify resistant varieties. The varieties listed below may be purchased from the University of Arizona. List of additional varieties and references for all viruses are available upon request.
Partial list of available varieties:
1. Bean calico mosaic virus
2. Chino del tomate virus
3. Cotton leaf crumple virus (developed with North Carolina State University)
4. Cotton leaf Curl Gezira virus and satellite DNA
5. Cucurbit leaf curl virus-AZ
6. Macroptilium mosaic Puerto Rico virus (MaMPRV)
7. Melon chlorotic leaf curl virus (various 316-317; 322-329)
8. Okra leaf curl & Hollyhock leaf curl viruses and satellite DNAs
9. Pepper golden mosaic virus (Aka: Serrano golden mosaic virus) various 203-208
Investigator: Judith K. Brown, Department of Plant Sciences
Status: Unpatented Biological Materials.
Refer to Case# 03-074