An Electrokinetic Matrix Management and Polymerase Chain Reaction DeviceTechnology #ua12-111
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- Pak Kin Wong Associate Professor, Aerospace & Mech. Engineering
- Yi Lu Graduate Assistant, Research, Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering
- Tingting Liu Graduate Assistant, Research, Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering
- Vincent Gau Director and CEO
- Managed By
- Robert Sleeper Licensing Manager (520) 626-4604
The following hybrid electrokinetic module allows for sample preparation, PCR, and sensing all on one integrated platform. There are three modules on the platform: the first module isolates targets (cells, bacteria) from high conductivity samples (urine, blood). The second module amplifies nucleic acids through PCR and the third module senses the target.
This technology is the only microfluidic approach that allows sample preparation, PCR, and sensing on an integrated platform so that there is no sample pre-processing required. Companies that specialize in “sample to answer” diagnostics should be interested in the potential of this product because it’s a more cost effective, higher performance and simpler system than standard electrokinetic techniques.
There are many potential diagnostic applications for this technology, Hybrid electrokinetic module allows for sample preparation, PCR and sensing all on an integrated platform that:
• allows for large scale volume reduction of sample and isolation of targets (e.g. mammalian cell, bacteria and molecules).
• isolates pathogens from samples (e.g. urine and blood) without pre-processing and perform PCR amplification on desired targets.
• diagnoses neonatal sepsis.
UA Technology ID: UA12-111
1. Pak Wong
2. Vincent Gau
3. Liu Tingting
4. Lu Yi
Robert Sleeper, J.D.
Licensing Manager, College of Engineering