The Buzz: Alcohol Education ProgramTechnology #ua12-117
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- License this Technology
- The Buzz Software — College or University $1,500.00
- Spencer Gorin Health Educator, Campus Health & Wellness
- David Salafsky Director, Health Promotion & Preventive Services, Campus Health & Wellness
- Andrew Maghielse Graphic Designer, Senior, Campus Health & Wellness
- Lee Ann Hamilton Assistant Director, Health Promotion-Preventive Services, Campus Health & Wellness
- Peggy Glider Coordinator, Evaluation-Research, Campus Health & Wellness
- Managed By
- Lewis Humphreys Licensing Manager (520) 626-2574
The Buzz is a fun, interactive, game-oriented alcohol education program meant for college and high-school aged students. It is designed to teach students through lively discussion, game play, and competition. This technology is available for online licensing with the link on the right hand side of this page.
Universities across the country struggle every year to promote alcohol education, awareness, and moderation among their students. Counselors, health educators, and community leaders say that abusive and underage alcohol consumption continues to be the number one health concern at many universities. Traditional education programs often rely on pedantic presentations that lack engaging material. These programs fail to inform students in a meaningful way.
- Alcohol education and awareness programs at universities and high schools
- Spirited, informative, and meaningful program.
- It not only educates students about alcohol consumption, it promotes moderation and healthy habits among participants.
Fall 2014 Buzz Survey Study, (n = 1,096)
100 % of students agree or strongly agree the Buzz is relevant to college students
89% agree or strongly agree that The Buzz will cause them to think differently about their alcohol use
70% agree or strongly agree that The Buzz will cause them to change their alcohol use
78% agree or strongly agree that after attending Buzz they have a specific idea in mind about how to change their alcohol use.
Spencer Gorin, AOD Program Specialist
More information is available at the Buzz web site
Licensing Manager, Tech Launch Arizona
Refer to technology UA12-117