Real-Time Reflex Pupillometry Device for Neuro-Physiologic MonitoringTechnology #ua15-141
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
This device provides for a solid state camera system and light source onto an extraocular lens for real-time monitoring of cranial nerve pathways on anesthetized patients.
Intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring provides the surgical team real-time feedback during surgeries that involve the brain, spinal cord, or peripheral nervous system. This allows for prompt interventions intraoperatively that has shown to reduce post-surgical incidence of paralysis, muscle weakness, sensory deficits, hearing loss, as well as other new neurologic deficits.
- This device offers instantaneous intraoperative feedback concerning manipulations of the optic and oculomotor nerves, as well as the brain stems
- Allows surgeons to make immediate corrective actions, preventing permanent deficits, and improving patient safety and surgical outcomes.
- The device provides real-time monitoring of the 2nd and 3rd cranial nerve pathways for anesthetized patients.
- Significant utility as an intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring device
- Significant opportunity for clinical application in the marketplace
- This technology may offer a significant improvement over existing IOM devices, leading to improved patient outcomes and surgical success.
G. Michael Lemole, Jr.
Licensing Manager, Tech Launch Arizona
Refer to Technology ID: UA15-141