Synthesis of Dihydrofuran Compounds via an Anionic Annulation ApproachTechnology #ua16-007
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- Isaac Chogii Graduate Assistant, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Jon Njardarson Professor, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Managed By
- Paul Eynott Sr. Licensing Manager (520) 621-2878
Title: Synthesis of Dihydrofuran Compounds vis an Anionic Annulation
Invention: The technology, at its core, is a novel synthetic method to add substituent groups to 2,5-dihydrofuran. It does so in a single pot reaction, requiring no additional transfers.
Background: Existing methods of producing substituted 2,5-dihydrofuran compounds usually involve metal catalysts or are multi-step syntheses. The invention does not involve the former and is not the latter. With a one pot synthetic method and no precious reagents, the invention is cost effective and fast.
- Production of Stavudine
- Production of Manoalide
- Cox-2 inhibitor compound development
- Antifungal drug development
- Cost effective, requiring no expensive reagents
- One-Pot synthesis allows for production to occur within a single step once all reagents are added
- Can be used to synthesize a variety of compounds so long as they share a 2,5-dihydrofuran core