Novel Method for Synthesis of IndolesTechnology #ua16-022
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- Jon Njardarson Professor, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Edon Vitaku Graduate Assistant, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Managed By
- Paul Eynott Sr. Licensing Manager (520) 621-2878
Title: Novel Annulation Method for Pharmacological Compound Production
Invention: The invention describes a novel method of generating heterocyclic compounds via a 3+2 annulation. This method does not require expensive reagents and, in some instances, can be completed in a chiral manner.
Background: Existing methods to synthesize heterocycles usually require multiple steps, metal catalysts, and/or relatively expensive reagents. This invention possesses no such drawbacks and creates heterocycles in a one pot reaction. These heterocyclic compounds can be used to then synthesize a variety of therapeutically relevant compounds.
- Anti-HIV compounds
- Anti-hypertensive compounds
- Cancer therapeutics
- Cost effective relative to the existing options
- One pot reaction allows for faster turnaround
- Generation of chiral compounds
Paul R. Reynott PhD, MBA