Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- Joceline Lega Professor, Mathematics
- Heidi Brown Assistant Professor, Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Managed By
- Lewis Humphreys Licensing Manager (520) 626-2574
Title: Epidemic Predictive Model (EpiGro)
Invention: Software for modeling and predicting epidemics in Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) countries using Chikungunya and dengue incidence. This software is complete with an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI).
Background: This software uses a mathematic model based on the 2014-2015 Chikungunya epidemic, which allows users to model and forecast the outbreak and movement of vector-borne disease in PAHO countries. While forecasts are mesoscopic (scope is for an individual country), the model is robust enough for data “noise reduction” and for country categorization based upon disease incidence rates.
• Government: public health decision makers, emergency response teams
• Medical: strategic decisions based upon expected outbreaks and/or movement, operations management
• Research: epidemiology, public health
• Commercial: market response to epidemics, risk management, inventory management, business continuity
• Quickly forecasts vector-borne epidemic outbreaks and movement
• Estimates future number of disease cases
• User-controlled inputs with easy-to-use GUI