Pyridazine and Pyridazinone Based Polymer Foams as Filtration Materials for Removal of Nucleophilic and ElectrophilicTechnology #ua16-167
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
Title: Pyridazine and Pyridazinone Based Polymer Foams as Filtration Materials for Removal of Nucleophilic and Electrophilic
Invention: The technology is the synthesis of a porous and sponge-like polymer foam that is capable of removing harmful substances such as chemical warfare agents, metals, and CO2. In addition, the material changes changes color when a reaction with a nucleophilic species occurs.
Background: Using a Carboni-Lindsey reaction, Pyridazine and Pyridazinone based foams can be synthesized. These foams are effective in removing both nucloephilic and electrophilic chemicals and metals.
- Water and chemical warfare filtration systems
- Odor control
- Mine safety
- Respiratory protection from chemical warfare agents
- Lab safety and incident prevention
- Produced from low cost starting materials
- Changes color when a reaction with a nucleophilic species occurs