Tailor Made Opioid AntagonistsTechnology #ua16-188
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
Title: Tailor Made Opioid Antagonists
Invention: The technology proposes a therapeutic approach to treat opioid abuse and other side effects associated with the use of opioids in the treatment of pain.
Background: In 2010, as many as 2.4 million opioid users were reportedly abusing their prescriptions. Opioids are highly effective at mitigating pain but several side effects limit their therapeutic use. Those side effects include physical dependence, addiction, somnolence, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and constipation. Therefore, a therapeutic approach that can prevent those side effects and treat the issues caused by opioids and other substances abuse and additions is highly desired.
- Treatment of pain
- Treatment of substance abuse and addictions (e.g. alcohol abuse treatment, smoking cessation, etc.)
- Treatment in depression and anxiety
- An effective treatment of opioid addiction and abuse
- Potential to relieve the tolerance and dependence issues associated with opioids
- The prepared molecules are selective and devoid of toxins