Todo Ha Cambiado -- Everything Has ChangedTechnology #ua17-103
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
Title: Todo Ha Cambiado - Everything Has Changed
Invention: This invention is a 12-minute “telenovela” about an aging, Mexican American adult deciding to use home health care services. The style of the video dramatizes human and family stories, with DVDs available in both Spanish and English.
Background: Hispanics are 17% more likely to need assistance once they reach an elderly age compared to others. A study was conducted with this “telenovela” which showed that almost 100% of caregivers who watched the “telenovela” sought home health care services more than those who were not shown the video.
- Home health care services
- Rehabilitation hospitals
- Assisted living facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Increases quality of elder-caregiver relationship
- Decreases caregiving burden
- Decreases caregiver depression
- Increases awareness of home health care services