Diabetes on the MoveTechnology #ua17-140
Questions about this technology? Ask a Technology Manager
- Kairavi Vaishnav Research Technician, Surgery
- Jordan Garth Research Technician, Surgery
- Vignesh Subbian Assistant Professor, 20 Biomedical Engineering
- David Armstrong Professor, Surgery
- Managed By
- Lewis Humphreys Licensing Manager (520) 626-2574
Title: Diabetes on the Move
Invention: This is a mobile application capable of tracking mobility and physical activity in patients with diabetes.
Background: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 29.1 million people in the U.S. (around 9% of the population) had diabetes in 2014. Management of diabetes involves healthy eating, regular physical activity, and medications to lower blood glucose levels.
- Diabetes patients
- Enables clinical and scientific research at large scale
- Provides insights into preventing, mitigating, and treating diabetic wounds